Through the years, we have been a leader in managing our business in a way that impacts the environment in a friendly, positive, and thoughtful manner. Long before others were paying attention to environmental issues, we implemented the following Environmental Vision and Management Policy:
- Virtually 100% of our paper purchases are from paper companies that harvest trees from decades old tree farms specifically planted, harvested, and replanted to provide an ongoing source of non-public paper pulp
- We recycle tons and tons of paper every month. Frankly, it is a lot of work and effort, with a buy-back revenue stream that covers only a small fraction of the cost of our efforts. That's OK, we believe it to be a very valuable effort.
- We use recycled papers whenever possible, and encourage others to do the same.
- We use chemicals and solvents that are almost 100% water soluble, bio-degradable, and recyclable. They are often more expensive, but we consider these products to be a wise investment.
- We have implemented programs to reduce our electrical consumption and to minimize the usage of all raw materials.
- A very important way that we urge our customers to partner with us in our environment efforts is by using our digital/internet ordering, proofing, and reordering system. Use of our digital ordering system enables all of us to save substantial amounts of gasoline and other raw materials.
- If you have suggestions about how we could further limit our environmental impact, please call us with your ideas.
Your printing supports wind power!
When you choose Curry Printing for your graphic communication needs, you are joining the effort for a better environment. Curry printing has taken another stride in its commitment to environmental stewardship. We are purchasing Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) to offset the energy we use in our operations. Like everyone else, we use electricity from the national power grid. Most of this energy is produced by burning fossil fuels. By purchasing RECs we guarantee that wind energy producers add the same number of kilowatt hours of clean electricity back into the power grid, reducing the overall need for fossil fuels. Our investment has an impact similar to . . .
- Planting 2,135 fully mature trees, or
- Taking 46 passenger cars off the road for one year.
Curry Printing has a history of making changes that positively affect the environment. The purchase of energy credits allows us to go beyond the direct reductions we’ve made on our own. Offsets provide a market-based means to champion technologies that most efficiently create verified, measurable, and permanent environmental benefits. We welcome you to use the “Our Printing Supports Wind Power” logo on your printed pieces to let your business associates know of your commitment to sustainable, domestic energy.